1. We are closely monitoring the situation of our brothers in the Arab World, especially the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Bahrain, Egypt and Qatar.
2. Malaysia strongly supports the efforts by the Emir of Kuwait to mediate the escalating tensions, and we stand ready to assist if our contribution is needed.
3. We have always upheld the principle of non-interference to the internal affairs of other sovereign countries, and urge all nations to do the same.
4. Malaysia was proud to participate in the 2017 Riyadh Summit, at which we reiterated our relentless support in the fight against terrorism and violent extremism, just as we were proud and honoured to host His Majesty King Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud in Kuala Lumpur earlier this year.
5. Malaysia acknowledges the important role of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as the beacon of stability in the Gulf, as well as its role in upholding the unity of the ummah. For this reason, all parties must ensure that the security and stability of Saudi Arabia, as the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, is protected and preserved at all costs.
6. Malaysia recognises the Kingdom’s concerns in the current crisis, and encourages all peace loving nations to back efforts to end the crisis. We urge all parties to positively participate in the mediation efforts initiated by Kuwait and take immediate steps to comply with all agreements reached by the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries, specifically the 2014 Riyadh Agreement. Malaysia believes that this agreement is an acceptable basis for a solution to the current crisis.
7. We pray that with the grace of Allah the Almighty, all differences among our Arab brothers will be settled amicably and that the unity and harmony of the GCC countries can be restored.