16 , 2012
Flights Between Sandakan and Kuala Lumpur
1. Prime Minister Dato’ Sri Mohd Najib Tun Razak today met with Malaysia Airlines senior management to discuss various issues relating to the operations of the National Carrier including moves affecting consumers in Sabah and Sarawak.
2. Among the issues discussed was the re-introduction of direct flights between Sandakan and Kuala Lumpur in recognition of existing and growing demand for premium direct full service connectivity between Sandakan, Sabah’s second largest city, and the Kuala Lumpur International Airport’s (KLIA) main terminal at Kuala Lumpur.
3. The flights are expected to resume February 18th 2012, bringing the frequency of direct flights between KLIA Main Terminal and Sandakan to 11 times weekly.
4. Malaysia Airlines is expected to issue a statement on this matter soon.
5. The Prime Minister applauded Malaysia Airlines for taking into consideration the requests of consumers in Sabah, especially the residents of Sandakan.